I joined Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur as Post-Grad in the academic year 2010-11. In a month I will be passing out from this stupendous IIT. I would like to share student life I spent here , which I feel most valuable days for my life..
An IIT creates environment where one can just open up feathers to fly to the height of the sky, unleash themselves to make their best in life. The Institute provides a plenty of opportunities for one to grow in all best aspects of life. One should be keen, smart and intellect enough to make the best out of these opportunities. I feel great to be a part of this great institute is a life time opportunity. It changed me and my life significantly and has made me realize my strengths and values. Institute has a great powers to bring significant change ones life making it more competent and rewarding. I may sound very partial to the one sees IITs only in the perspective of its placements to get opportunities of lucrative job to add materialistic values to life. I have predilection towards capability of IIT life and environment to strengthen one mentally to confront challenges in real life than making making only theoretically knowledgeable. In deed, important for one to survive in this competitive world.
I am very socializing and friendly being, always like to make many more friends and that is what I asset ‘Friendship’. I have learned a lot into my life from my friends at IITkgp. Friends take a major role in what am I today. They make best part of my life at Kharagpur.
Also I like to remain as very active person in all my surroundings and to leave a remark of my existence. The inherent nature of mine made to take up few responsibilities at IIT campus life and in turn contributed much into my career path.
When I came as a fresher to the Insti, I am almost nothing, other than having lots of dreams in life to fulfill about my engineering profession and responsible human being to the society (as a daughter, student and a social being). IIT gave me all the opportunities to make them all true and filled me with all positive thoughts to make my dreams come true. Institute provides an environment, successful enough to take out the best out of one.
Then I just started making friends without whom we can’t survive anywhere on this Earth. Trust me..its very tough to find a friend in this competitive place in beginning , it takes time..!!! I used to miss family, friends from home town a lot..!!home sick for some days.. But always pretend as I am happy in new place to my family, otherwise parents start worrying..:) In this part of stay only Fresher parties, a change in life, life style, new culture, new environment kept me busy along with my studies. Spending all study time in Central library of the institute and rest of the time either in room or classes..I don’t even know to ride a cycle. Only I know how much I used to miss to roam all around this huge campus..Ya.. I learned to ride cycle in our DP(Durga Puja) vacation with the help of my neighbor and friend Swetha. Like this a semester passed on..
After first semester I could find some friends for myself… Sheela, Sakshi, Santosh, Sanyam, Vasudev, Guru, Swetha and Rucha are the best to mention here.Along with friendly classmates..Also friends from Robotix society TRS at IITkgp., Kannada group,IITkgp, MT hall (my hostel) boarders,my seniors. These people made life more interesting at IIT. I had learnt cycling as well..the student journey at IIT actually begins this onwards.
I joined ThinkInnoventions, an electronics start-up at IITkgp by students there as a Think-Expert into R&D team to develop Digital pen technology. I find new set of IIT guys into innovation and start up venture. I was inspired, found new opportunity, another perspective of IIT here.
Lessons I learned @IITkgp:
1. Stop complaining .. start accepting your surrounding and make the best with it..
2. Fight for what you want, your passion and dream..
3. Never give up in life
4. How to make friends and be with them.
5. As long as we are right, good; we win.. Be good, do good .. good things will follow..
6. Learned to say ‘NO’ when I want to say..You may think it’s not so great but it’s tough job to say ‘NO’ many a time and most important. I like to share a incident here happened when I was in third semester during placements in the end of November.. Tech General championship very first event of the year. .Trying myself hard to get participation from MT hall being Technology General Secretory in Hall council mean while so much busy for placement preparation.. and no one is ready to take up responsibility as captain for the event and participate.. Can’t help had to say ‘No participation’ from our side.. I never prefer backing off however tough the situation may go..!!! But , this time I had to do that..
7. Work for passion, it automatically takes you where you deserve to be.
8. The love that we give away is the love that we keep…:)
9. Forgive and forget , give and take policies : How true..!!!! How important it is to forget and forgive…!!
Many more personal development within myself as I could see in myself now.. Started enjoying , loving as never ever before..
I fall short of words to express my gratitude to the Institute.
More importantly I realized my potential to achieve my goals, make my dreams true.
Dreams and goals are very important to make life worth living..
Thank you Indian Institute of Technology , Kharagpur for all that you have given me..I am grateful through out my life for what you have made me today..
I wish this great institute be a great place to many more people like me.
IITKgp ka tempo high hai..!!!!!!!!!Yo IITKgp..!! IITKgp rocks..!!!